Thursday, February 16, 2012

President's Week of Fun




Tomorrow is the last day of school before I start my week long vacation. Last year I took a road trip down to Florida to visit my dad for the week. I remember how miserable the weather was last year, we had so much snow and it stayed for so long because of the freezing conditions. This year I will stay local and enjoy the week of no work. On February 23rd I will be going to visit my college roommate in Pennsylvania. I haven't seen him since the summer and every time we hang out we always have fun. I will leave on Thursday but if I leave too late then I’ll be stuck in rush hour traffic. Although the drive shouldn’t take too long, I’ll have to avoid the city because there’s usually a lot of traffic in the city.

Word Bank
Word Bank
Vacation – A time period of no work
Road trip – Traveling a longer distance in a car
Miserable - Horrible
Roommate – Somebody that you share a roommate with
Rush hour traffic – When there are many cars on the road at the same time
Although – Despite the fact

Avoid - To stay away or keep away from something

Using the word bank listed above, use these words to find the antonyms from column B listed below. Antonyms are words that mean the opposite. For example, cold and hot are antonyms because they are opposites. Good luck!

Column A                                                                               Column B
Vacation                                                                                 Neighbor
Road Trip                                                                               Amazing
Miserable                                                                               Stay at home
Roommate                                                                              Drive around the block
Rush hour traffic                                                                     Go to; seek
Although                                                                                No cars on the road
Avoid                                                                                    Most definitely

Free writing activity 
Have you ever traveled somewhere during a vacation? In a paragraph, write about your vacation including the place you traveled and explain what you did to make it so much fun. If you have never taken a trip, then describe a place that you would want to travel to. Make sure you include at least three of the vocabulary words above. Be creative and have fun!
Me and my roommate Ramon from St. Patrick's Day 2007.
 


3 comments:

  1. Good entry! Hopefully, we will be able to see the rest of it when the tech problems are sorted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure hope you enjoyed your vacation! Now getting back to that picture... is that really you with the beard???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, yes from time to time I have grown my beard out. I kept that growing for a few more months that year too! It got to be a little too long.

    ReplyDelete